Agenda For Day 1
DAY 1 | 25 SEPTEMBER 2019, WEDNESDAY
7.30am - Registration
*Please bring along your business cards for registration.
8.30am - Welcome address
8.40am - Morning ice breaker
ADAPTING TO IR 4.0
9.10am - Opening keynote: - Surviving Industrial Revolution (IR) 4.0 as a L&D professional- training for the trainers
Adapting to the changes of IR 4.0 as L&D professionals.
Addressing the changes of the L&D function in the next decade.
Tips on how to stay relevant as L&D professionals and how do you up-skill to stay essential to the business.
10.00am - Addressing the IR 4.0 Talent Gap
- Challenges & landscape in IR 4.0
- Learnability, Adapting & Pivoting as key components to success
- How higher education cultivates market readiness
- Fostering the learning environments
Speaker: Lee Dong-Wook (DW),Deputy Director of Action Learning, Asia School of Business in collaboration with MIT Sloan
10.15am - What does the future hold for learning and development?
The Deloitte Global Human Capital Trends survey 2019 showed that 86% of all surveyed rated learning as an important trend in the HR industry, ranking it number one out of all 10 identified trends.
- Prepare your organisation with a future–ready workforce
- Formulate future resilient workforce- tips from C-suites.
- How can HR play an imperative role in supporting top-management in furthering their agenda for a future-ready workforce
Speaker: Suhaimi Sulaiman, Former CEO & Editor-in-Chief, Astro AWANI
11.00am - Networking coffee break
11.30am - The power of motion: leveraging on video-based e-learning to enhance and optimise the employee learning experience
- Case study: Using technology to deliver easily digestible context-relevant content to close identified knowledge gaps quickly and effectively.
- Transitioning from a focus on formal training to context-relevant learning with video-based e-learning.
- How can we use video-based e-learning to facilitate agile, flexible and personalised learning that provides knowledge on demand?
- Using video analytics to optimise training costs and employee engagement rate
Speaker: Emi Hasniza, Key Account Manager, Malaysia, Panopto
12.00pm - Integrating gamification into your corporate learning strategies
- Developing a roadmap to gamify your current L&D strategies and increase learning outcomes.
- Embedding gamification techniques into your learning offering for fun and engaging learning experiences.
- Incorporating impactful strategies towards self-directed learning.
12.40pm - Networking lunch
1.40pm - Training for the gig economy – addressing learning and development for the alternative workforce
- Contingent workers are becoming a prominent force in the workforce.
- What role do employers play in training alternative labour to be workforce-ready?
- How are they relevant in IR4.0 and what are some of the skill sets pertinent to train them in?
Speaker: Chen Fong Tuan, Head, Human Resources & General Affairs, Samsung Electronics
2.20pm - Capitalising on diversity in the workplace to gain a competitive advantage
- The threat of disruption demands organizations to tap on diverse sources of leadership potential.
- Learn about some of the barrier’s organizations face that inhibit diversity.
- Leverage practices to build a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Speaker: Amarjeet Kaur, Head of Consulting, DDI
2.50pm - Networking coffee break
3.20pm - Panel discussion: How to foster a learning culture in your organisation that encourages self learning?
- Having an active learning culture allows the organisation to enjoy higher level of productivity and efficiency and reduces employee turnover rate.
- Customise learning to your employee’s individuals needs to promote self initiative.
- Conveying the value of L&D to your employees to educate them on its impact on not only the individual but also the business.
Moderator: Christine Oh, Head of HR, Arcadis Malaysia
Norliza Ahmad, Head of Capability Development, Bank Islam
Anisha Sasheendra, Regional Head of People, Fave
Nicholas Ramachandran, Learning Head, Global Business Services, Standard Chartered
Swapna Vadlamani, Head of HR, Novartis Global Service Centre
4.20pm - Closing address
4.30pm - End of Day 1
Be the first to know what's coming up! Sign Up for our newsletter to get the latest news and events related to Human Resources Online.