Agenda For Day 1
DAY 1 | 17 SEPTEMBER 2019, TUESDAY
7.30am - Registration
*Please bring along your business cards for registration.
9.00am - Opening address
Aditi Sharma Kalra, Regional Editor, Human Resources Online
L&D STRATEGIES FOR BUSINESS SUCCESS
9.10am - Building bridges: Moving up the value chain by linking L&D to business objectives
- Recognising the L&D team as strategic enablers and not merely as support staff.
- Establishing the mindset of a business unit responsible for driving strategy and leading change.
- Developing learning solutions to achieve higher levels of business performance.
Raman Sidhu, Global Head Organisational Development & Learning, Global Commercial, Shell
9.50am - The power of an impactful L&D brand: Enhancing the profile of the learning function to increase learner engagement
- Devising a strong L&D brand to elevate how the learning function is perceived within the organisation.
- Exploring the importance of leveraging your L&D brand to create loyal learners.
- Boosting take-up by articulating and communicating the benefits of learning effectively.
Tricia Duran, Head of Human Resources, Unilever Asia
10.30am - Coffee and networking break
11.00am - Personalised learning pathways: Customising learning journeys by matching skills with career trajectories
- Creating personalised learning experiences for each employee in line with the organisation’s needs.
- Encouraging employees to focus on skills they want to learn and acquire rather than ticking boxes in the organisation.
- Mapping out a pre-defined training roadmap that is laser-focused on what each employee needs to accomplish through learning.
Shell Sharma, Head of Leadership, Talent, OD and Diversity & Inclusion, Aviva
11.40am - Power of communities: Delving into social learning and collaboration opportunities beyond the organisation
- Leveraging profession-specific digital communities towards work skills’ enhancement.
- Embedding social collaboration into the employees’ learning journey for an enriching learning experience.
- Promoting knowledge-sharing and a culture of continuous learning in the organisation.
John Augustine Ong, Head of Learning & Development, Singapore Exchange
12.20pm - Speed networking
12.30pm - Lunch
1.30pm - Stream 1: Experiential digital learning | Stream 2: Learning measurement
Defeating information deluge: Leveraging
micro-learning tools to fit hectic and fast-paced
• Customising learning methods and delivery modes to encourage self-directed learning.
• Breaking down learning content into
• Increasing learning effectiveness by enabling quick-search for learners.
Sonia Sant, Head, Learning Product Technology & Innovation and Operations, Standard Chartered Bank
• Employing a data-driven learning strategy to deliver high-impact initiatives.
• Using learning data to personalise learning courses based on learning styles, competencies and skills.
• Employing learning analytics to quantify the business impact of digital learning.
Guiam Wainwright, Head of Special Projects and Data, People & Culture, Circles.Life
2.10pm - Stream 1: Experiential digital learning | Stream 2: Learning measurement
The power of motion: Enhancing and optimising employee learning experience with video-based e-learning
• Case study discussion on incorporating technology to deliver easily digestible context-relevant content.
• Transitioning from a focus on formal training to context-relevant learning with video-based e-learning.
• Using video analytics to optimise training costs and employee engagement rate.
Valen Ng,Regional Sales Director, Panopto Asia
• Measuring the cost impact of incentivising learning against the employee’s performance after training.
• Promoting the positive impact of the learning programme for career advancement.
• Creating an optimal mix of training incentives and high performance rewards.
Gary Lee, Global Head, People &Organisational Development,Sivantos
2.50pm - Stream 1: Experiential digital learning | Stream 2: Learning measurement
• Developing a roadmap to gamify your current L&D strategies and increase learning outcomes.
• Embedding gamification techniques into your learning offeringforfun and engaging learning experiences.
• Incorporating impactful strategies towards self-directed learning.
Adrian Koh, Head of Organisational Development & Research,CXS International
Keith Ng, Co-Founder,Gametize
• Using data analytics to show if it is a valuable collaboration or an expensive dent in L&D’s leadership development budget.
• Illustrating the possible alternatives to achieve the organisation’s true business potential.
• Designing justifiable budgets that deliver performance gains.
Jean Lua, Regional Learning and Development Lead,Shopee
3.30pm - Coffee and networking break
4.00pm - Stream 1: Experiential digital learning | Stream 2: Learning measurement
- Building the next-gen L&D function by reducing wasted learning.
- Justifying spending on L&D programmes by measuring effectiveness against employee performance.
- Measuring ROI for new tech integration into L&D programmes for improved productivity.
Konstantin A. Strangas, Director, Global Talent Management & Development,DB Schenker
5.00pm - End of day one
Be the first to know what's coming up! Sign Up for our newsletter to get the latest news and events related to Human Resources Online.