CONFERENCE AGENDA | 5 NOVEMBER | SHERATON PETALING JAYA
Jerene Ang, Deputy Editor, Human Resources Online
Jen Jackson, Founder and CEO, Everyday Massive
ALIGNING YOUR EMPLOYER BRAND TO FUTURE VALUE
Connecting the dots: Value creation by nurturing a successful employer brand
- Curating a people-centric employer branding approach that is cost-effective.
- How can HR mitigate human capital risks involved with job redesign?
- Consolidating data to close the loop on your branding activities.
Speaker: Sylvia Koh, Chief People Officer, CrimsonLogic
Panel discussion: How can HR partner with CEO’s to co-create workplace disruption?
- Refocusing the organisation’s purpose with a people-centric transformation map.
- Creating a safe environment for mental health and wellness so that it is no longer a taboo.
- What leadership styles are required to propel change and innovation across all levels?
Moderator: Siti Haron, Director, Group HR, Corporate Communications & CSR, Radimax Group
- Alan Cheah, CEO, GoCar
- Bala Pomaleh, CEO, IPG Mediabrands
- Chella Pandian, HR Director – Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia, MSD
Coffee and networking break
Unlocking intrinsic value: Building a meaningful workplace that supports creativity and collaboration
- Retaining key talent through purposeful job opportunities that hone the skill sets of the future.
- Transferring ownership of the employee experience back to the employee through coaching and mentoring.
- What are some cultural levers that build the foundation for a holistic ecosystem?
Speaker: Anjali Menon, Head of Talent Center of Competence–Asia and Oceania , Nestle
Panel discussion: Going back to basics to achieve a cost-effective, winning employer branding
- What are the check boxes when delivering an employer branding strategy with retention in mind?
- Providing candidates value, recognition and a safe environment to build trust for long-term talent sustainability.
- How do you unravel the complications in employer branding to an intuitive method that allows employees to thrive?
Moderator: Sri Vidya, Country HR Leader/Senior HRM (Power), General Electric Malaysia
Panellists: Nicoholas Ng, Executive Vice President Group HR, Asahi Group Holdings
Alvin Low, Head of People, Tesco
Wan Ezrin, Chief People Officer, TIME Dotcom
Lai Tak Ming, Executive Director, Country Head, HR, UOB
Post-lunch, please chose to attend either one of the dedicated track rooms. After deciding on your preferred track, please move to the respective rooms accordingly.
INNOVATING YOUR EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE FOR RETENTION
Chairperson: Jen Jackson, Founder and CEO, Everyday Massive
DESIGNING AN IMPACTFUL AND TECH-LED CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE
Chairperson: Jerene Ang, Deputy Editor, Human Resources Online
The great debate: Are employers in Malaysia ready to embrace the potential technologies of IR 4.0? Agree or disagree.
- How can you leverage on the 9 pillars of IR 4.0 in the end to end management of the employee life cycle? (autonomous robots, simulation, system integration, Internet Of Things, cyber security, cloud computing, additive manufacturing, augmented reality, big data)
- What are some new business models that are in purview to ride the wave of agile digital transformation?
- How will the 9 pillars affect strategic HR planning and the long-term business direction?
In your respective track rooms, brainstorm with your peers on pointers to present your case for either the opposition or proposition. Engage in a structured and strictly timed debate with your opposing team with full access to the thought process of the business case presented.
Moderator (track 1): Anjali Menon, Head of Talent Center of Competence–Asia and Oceania , Nestle
Moderator (track 2): Felicia Tan, General Manager, Human Resources, Fuji Xerox
Networking coffee break
20-20 Case study: How to adopt a predictive approach in minimising key talent loss
- Adapting to the changing talent market by redesigning the retention strategy
- Driving evidence-based business decisions through robust data and sufficient analytics.
- Building confidence in your people managers to make supported decisions
Speaker: Sameet Sidhu, Head of Talent Acquisition, Experian
Fireside chat: Leveraging on your brand value to deliver a holistic candidate experience
- How can HR better manage candidate expectations beginning from the interview?
- Conversations about cultural adaption and what this really means for HR and the candidate.
- Solidifying the company values in the brand vision for strategic retention planning
Moderator: Claudia Cadena, Founder and Principal Consultant, Thread Advisory
Panellist: Anita Selvaraju, Director, Human Resources, Ascott
Bee Hong Tan, Head of Human Resources, Alcon
Ling Ming Choo, HR Director Malaysia, Singapore, Myanmar, Cambodia & Laos, Unilever
Strengthening bridges: Embedding Digi’s employer brand into its CXO Apprentice Programme
- Shifting from hiring candidates with specialised skills to hiring talent with future-proof skills to cope with workplace transformation.
- How can hiring managers look beyond CVs to unearth critical thinkers for the future of work?
- Successful ways to shift the biased corporate image to rebrand your company.
Speaker: Praveen Rajan, Chief Digital Officer, Digi Telecommunications
Elevating tech-led engagement: How do you integrate interactive elements to keep candidates engaged without diluting the robust recruitment process?
- Empowering line managers to create a personalised end-to-end brand experience beginning with onboarding.
- Effectively utilising digital platforms, apps and gamification to build a connected workplace that nurtures medium to long-term candidate recruitment.
Speaker: Andy Muniandy, Regional HR Director – Malaysia, South Asia and Asia Emerging Markets, Dell Technologies
Wrap up the day summarising key learning points from the various sessions and discussions.
Closing remarks by chairperson
End of Talent Experience Forum 2019
Be the first to know what's coming up! Sign Up for our newsletter to get the latest news and events related to Human Resources Online.